1. Write your own article “10 Ways to Get Traffic to Your Website“, choose one of the techniques and actually do it. Don’t know any ways to get traffic to your website? No problem. Google “How to Get Traffic to Your Website”, check a few of the zillions of articles that are posted on the subject. Read a few that look interesting then pick 10 techniques that you think you could actually do and write your blog post “10 Ways to get Traffic to Your Website.”
It can be 7 ways or 5 ways but not too many. You want techniques that you can actually do. Then pick one and actually do it.
Why pick just one technique? Because we need to get focused and take some action. It is too easy just to read marketing porn and not actually do anything. Do one technique. If you just do what I suggest in this first tip you will be well on your way to getting more traffic and even becoming an expert on traffic generation.
Start blogging about your topic even if you are not expert. The info is there already. Just Google the most frequently asked questions about your business and start writing articles about the answers. Do this for a few months and your blog will start attracting high quality traffic in your niche.
4. Start an email list using an autoresponder. This is big! You should be collecting email addresses of all the visitors of your site. See how prominent my subscription forms are? If you have a big list of followers you can drive huge targeted traffic to your site. I recommend Aweber for autoresponder services. This article explains what an autoresponder is.
5. Place an upgraded ad for one year on thefreeadforum.com classifieds. The Freeadforum.com is a busy site with about 40,000 members. For $5. your ad can stay live for one year on their site. For another $5. your ad will be in rotation on the home page of their site. With thousands of ads being placed every month having your ad on the home page of a site like this for one year can only get you traffic and this is dirt cheap. You are not going to have an avalanche of traffic but over the year you will consistently get real quality traffic from this site. Good opportunity.
6. Work on your headlines. Headlines are the first part of your blog post or ad that people see. Get their attention and intrigue them so they will click through to your website. Here is a guide on writing headlines.
7. Start a Facegroup page in your niche. Make sure to put a link back to your website.
8. Start a YouTube channel. YouTube is the number 2 search engine after Google and is owned by Google. It gets ridiculous traffic. Start a YouTube channel with valuable how to videos in your niche. Include a link to your website and the top of the description area. Make sure to include the http:// part so that it hyperlinks.
9. Guest Post on Relevant Blogs. This has really worked for me. I do not do it enough. You need to write quality original articles just for the publication. See one of my guest posts here on getting traffic. Google “guest post” your topic. Then see if there are popular websites in your niche that are looking for content. If you get some posts on high traffic sites this can pay long term dividends of high quality traffic.
10. Optimize your existing posts. One of my projects for my blog is to turn all my blog posts into pdf files and upload them all to Slideshare.net. Slideshare is one of the highest traffic websites in the world. It is easy to turn your blog posts into pdfs file for use on file sharing sites.
Here is a video which shows you how to do this in a snap
Another project I have for my blog is to include featured photos on all my posts. Photos get indexed in search and on social media sites like Pinterest. Make sure to include links back to your site. Plus they make your blog posts more attractive when shared on social media.
11. Start your own Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and Stumpleupon accounts and share your posts and videos on social media.
14. Create a free re-brandable ebook and give it away. If you have your own affiliate program you can easily create a re-brandable ebook with a service called viralpdfgenerator. Basically it takes your ebook and allows your affiliates to re-brand the ebook with their own affiliate links in just a few clicks.
If you do not have your own affiliate program you can just create your own ebook which contains valuable information for your audience and give it away. It can be used as an incentive for people to join your email list. You then can upload your ebook to all the file sharing sites. Here is a service which will do so for you. I have used her she is reliable.
17. Start a Google Adwords campaign– Google makes almost all of it’s income from Google Adwords. These are the Google ads that you see at the top of search results and on webpages. Here is an article which explains in detail about Google Adwords. Basically you pay every time somebody clicks on your ads. You choose keywords, then Google shows your ad based on keyword searches and when people click on your ads you pay anywhere from 10 cents to about $50. per click. The quality of the traffic is very good but it can be very expensive. You had better have an excellent offer which converts and makes you a good profit before investing in Adwords. You can sign up for a Google Adwords account here.
18. Boost your Facebook Posts– If you make a post on your Facebook page you can choose to “Boost” your post. I do small $5. campaigns. It increases the audience of your Facebook posts. It also can increase the number of fans on your Facebook page. If the posts are targeted towards your niche this can help you build your audience for future marketing. Here is an in depth article about boosting Facebook posts.
19. Buy PPV Traffic or Bulk Traffic– Pay per view networks are networks of people who have downloaded free software or tools and have AGREED to receive some targeted ads in exchange for the free tools. The traffic is much less expensive than pay per click traffic from Google Adwords or Bing. They say it is targeted but their targeting is not as accurate as pay per click. The traffic is generally served as a pop up of your page. The advantage is that it is much less expensive so you get many more views of your website. You can get bulk pop up traffic here.
20. Use Safelists. People dis safelists but there is one thing I like about safelists. The traffic consists of real eyeballs on your offers. I have purchased services that I have seen advertised on safelists so I know you can get sales from this source of traffic. A safelist is a list that people join and everybody agrees to receive email offers from everybody else. You generally get credits for clicking on the links and viewing the ad for a certain amount of time. Even though the traffic is incentivized it is still real. A real human is looking at your ads. If your offer is great you have a shot at a sale or opt in. If your offer appeals to other marketers you have an even better chance because everybody on a safelist is looking for ways to better market their products and services. Here are 2 safelist that I have had good luck with: Lead Club and Email Hog.
22. Joint Ventures– Are their other popular websites in your niche that do not directly compete with you? Offer to do email newsletter exchanges, interviews, link exchanges or even podcasts together. Your combined audiences will only build both your businesses.
23. Instructables and how to sites.- How to sites are very popular. Write some how to articles solving most common problems in your niche and put them on sites like instructables. These are very high traffic authority sites. Many times your tutorials will get found on popular how to sites before they will get found on yours. Here is a list of some how to sites.
25. Make List of Most Famous/Successful People in Your Niche- Piggy back off the fame of others. People often Google famous people. If you have a blog post about the most successful people in your niche your post will be found when people are Googling their names. Also there is a chance the famous people will link back to your post.
26. Interview Popular people in Your Niche. Everybody likes to talk about themselves especially famous people. Interview popular people in your niche and you will attract their audiences.
28. Buy A Keyword Based Domain Create a Directory. I wanted to rank for the keywords “Best Plumber in Fort Lauderdale.” I reserved the domain name Bestplumberfortlauderdale.com. I created a directory of local plumbers using directory software based on wordpress. It worked I am on the first page of Google for that term and others. I use this directory theme.
29. Create Free Software That Solves a Problem in Your Niche and Give it Away. Go to sites like ubot.com and freelancer.com and hire programmers to make some software that solves a problem in your niche. Then distribute the software on software directories. You can make the splash page your opt in form or website. I created some free classified ad submission software that people can download and even give away here.
30. Add images and text for images on all blog posts. Image sharing sites like Pinterest are extremely popular. Add images to your blog posts and include your link in the images. Then post them to Pinterest with your keywords and like.
31. Write a Response Post – Respond to a controversial post in your niche and then let the original poster know about it. Chances are good they won’t be able to resist responding to it on their blog.
36. Write Quality Reviews of Products in Your Niche.
37. Ask people to share and like your blog posts and videos. Do not forget to ask people to share and like your posts and media. It is incredibly simple but it works extremely well. Simply ask. By the way, please like and share this post on social media! Thank you!
Ok I am getting more ideas so I will add them as I go below. Bookmark this post and come back for more ideas as I post them.
38. Title hijack technique. Google your keywords. Copy and paste the top 20 titles that come up first in Google search for your keywords. Create a video (s) on your topic. Modify the titles so that they are relevant to your videos.Upload your videos, each with a different title to each of the 60 different youtube alternatives listed here. You can also vary the descriptions somewhat for each video hosting site.
39. Title hijack technique 2- Same as above just get your title ideas from the top search results on YouTube. Remember, do not just copy and paste titles. Modify them so that they are relevant to your videos.
40. Create a YouTube Channel With Your Keywords in the Username. When you upload all your videos to YouTube upload them to a YouTube channel which has your keywords as the name of the channel.
45. Use Jack Software and share the most popular articles on your topic from authority sites on all your social media accounts with your links and pop ups on their page.
46. On every one of your YouTube videos place an annotation to a subscription link which says “Subscribe to My Channel and I Will Subscribe to Yours.” Then when people subscribe to your channel and you get the notification subscribe to theirs, visit their videos and make some positive comments.
47. Confirm your website with YouTube to be allowed to place links to your website in annotations. Then place a call to action annotation in every video inviting people to visit your website.
48. Create an Articlevideorobot video of all your blog posts then upload them to YouTube and Slideshare.net.
49. Cold Call on the Phone. Do you have a fantastic offer which appeals to a specific audience? Make a list of such people and call them up on the phone! If you really want to go old school do it from a phone booth if you could find one (just kidding.) Ask them if you can email them details. Send them an email, skype, text with your website. Caution, if you have a truly great offer you just might make so much money with this technique that you will not need much traffic to your website.
50. Send out postcards. Send out personally written postcards to prime potential customers. People are so used to texting, emailing, Facebooking, tweeting that you will really get their attention with just a post card. People under 30 will wonder what it is. If your offer is truly outstanding you could actually scare up some business. Send them over to your website or maybe your place for dinner! If you really want to get some attention go old school. People are getting fried with all these impersonal ways to “connect.”
51. Cold Call in Person! Yeah baby. You heard me right. Go knock on some doors. Heck, I have had 5 Jehovah’s witnesses come to my door in the past year. I am thinking of hiring them as sales people. These people are motivated! It will be an adventure. Press some flesh. Go belly to belly. Press some flesh. Go belly to belly.Hand out your business cards, meet new people, get some exercise and have some fun!
Back when I had my wedding band business I used to cold call all the catering directors of every single hotel in South Florida and ask them for referrals. It actually was a lot of fun and really worked to get business.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.