Top Ten Most Successful Bloggers In The World
Here is a list of some of the top ten most successful bloggers in the world and how much they make. If you are in the “internet marketing world” you might expect some of the gurus like John Chow, Darren Rowse, or even Brian Clark of Copy Blogger and Studio Press fame to make the list. Actually to make the big money it looks like you have to step out of the “IM” arena and appeal to people other than those who just want to make money. But to be fair all the above “IM” bloggers make a pretty penny. I am sure Brian Clark does extremely well selling his beautiful wordpress themes like the one this blog is based on. But there is a whole other step up the blogging food chain.
1. Has to be Arianna Huffington though a strong argument could be made for Nick Denton of Gawker Media. Her Huffington Post is estimated to be taking in about $2.3 million per month in pay per click revenue. But wait there is more… She just sold out to AOL in February 2011 for $315 million dollars! She is staying on as Editor in Chief. Take that John Chow! (You see you can still sell your blog for a lot of money even if your name is in your domain name.) It looks like the Greek immigrant is living the American dream moving her political slant from the right to the left.
2. Nick Denton of Gawker Media. This SOHO based British journalist is the the founder and proprietor of the blog collective Gawker Media. His personal wealth is estimated at around $290. million dollars. Yet he insists that blogging is not profitable. Hmmm? Forbes has Gawker media valued somewhere north of $100 million. Here is the really funny part. It seems as if Nick Denton and Arianna Huffington hate each other. The battle of the millionaire immigrant bloggers. Denton believes that Huffington has a policy of not linking back to any of his sites. Here is an interesting article comparing the values of the 2 companies. Here is an article where Gawker is saying that the Huffington Post is imploding. I almost forgot/ Nick Denton has a porn blog called Fleshbot too. Here is their latest take on the Weiner scandal from a porn perspective.
3. Mashable Pete Cashmore– Mashable is estimated to be taking in $560,000 per month in advertising revenue through banner advertising. Mashable is an American news website and Internet news blog founded by Pete Cashmore. The website’s primary focus is social media news, but also covers news and developments in mobile, entertainment, online video, business, web development, technology and gadgets. Mashable was launched by Pete Cashmore from his home in Aberdeen, Scotland in July 2005.
With a reported 30+ million monthly pageviews and an Alexa ranking under 250, Mashable ranks as one of the world’s largest websites. The website has a large following on many social networks. As of February 2011, it has over 2 million Twitter followers and over 425,000 fans on Facebook. (Pete probably bought when of those courses on Clickbank on how to get 10,000 fans on autopilot. That’s it I am sure of it. Yeah… that’s the ticket.) This site is the authority site on social media. Here is a recent article on how Facebook is using automatic face recognition.
4. Perez Hilton– People love the tabloids and Perez Hilton is capitalizing big time. Estimated revenue is about $450k per month in banner advertising. Check out their latest post “Paul Revere Responds To Sarah Palin.”
5. Techcrunch by Michael Arrington bringing in about $400,000 per month with advertising banners. “Group-edited blog about technology start-ups, particularly the Web 2.0 sector.” Recent article about how Facebook will surpass Google in advertising revenues.
6. Smashing Magazine by Vitaly Friedman earning about $190,000 through banner advertising. “Smashing Magazine is focused on designing and building websites. We present most valuable techniques, ideas and resources for Web designers.” Here is an article about high quality free wordpress themes. Maybe I should have read this before I bought Genesis? Naw.. I like what I have.
6. Timothy Sykes– The Penny Stock guru is not only making money with his stock picks but selling advice about how he does it. Estimates are at about $150,000 per month in affiliate sales. Check out his video on how to make millions blogging.
7. Gothamist– Jake Dobkin is making about $110,000 per month keeping it local and just talking about the big apple. See what is happening in Central Park here.
8. Tuts Plus by Collis Taeed makes about $110,000- per month with a membership site offering tutorials range of creative niches including Photoshop and Graphics, Vectors and Illustration, Web Development and Design, Motion Graphics, Flash and ActionScript, Computer Graphics, Photography and Audio Production.
9. Car Advice is making around at $70,000 per month with banner advertising on his Australia based car advice site. “CarAdvice.com.au is focused on getting drivers into the right car for them. We understand the different needs that buyers are faced with when making the decision to purchase a car and our reviews aim to help you make the right decision.”
10. Venture Beat by Matt Marshall is earning about $62,000 with pay per click advertising on his news blog about Tech, Money and Innovation.
Did I miss somebody? Did I spell your name wrong? Let me know about it in the comments area. I hope this post can expand your vision about what really is possible as a blogger. I know writing it expanded my vision. Let me know what you think.
Here are some more posts related to success in blogging:
The Most Important Step to Building a Successful Blog | Keyword Research | ..
Forbes: iPad one of the most successful devices. | ericthoughts Blog
Blog Engage Membership Requires a One Time Signup Fee
Why Westminster School is the most successful academic school in the countr..
Building Blocks For A Successful Blog Get It Right Now! | Blogging ..
How to Start a Blog and Make It a Million Dollar Business?
Entrepreneurs, Passion, and a blog equals success!
13 Steps to Successful Blogging | Tribal Blogs
The Habits Of The Most Successful Bloggers With Tamar Weinberg | The Rise t..
Professional Blogger Mir Kamin Shares All
Insights 2011 conference most successful ever! | The MACH blog
7 Key Steps to Being Seen as the Best in Your Field | Liz Strauss at Succes..
Top Content Management Systems: Easy CMS for Web Designers
Professional Blogging For Money
5 Things Successful Bloggers Do Differently | Bit Rebels
Top 3 most popular blogs for your inspiration – Triphp Webmaster Blog
If You Want A Successful Online Business, Avoid These Mistakes
What an Entrepreneur Needs to Become a Successful Blogger – Entrepreneur Tr..
Why The Most Successful Internet Marketers Are Using Blogs : Web Hosting
Leading Cloud Expert Christian Reilly Joins Citrix CTO Office | Citrix Blog..
5 Tricks To Make Your Home Business A Successful Internet Business | The Bl..
My most successful blogs & Linkedin groups Raciti Design..
4 Proved Traffic Improving Strategies That Even A Pro Must Not Ignore | Net..
Blog Design for Killer SEO Infographic | jatiN mahindrA doT coM
Jessie Godderz Mr. PEC-Tacular Blog Archive UH-O..
How We Write Wednesday: Putting the Writing First Anna DeSt..
The President jobs plan (not) The Berkeley Blog
The Psychology of 10 Successful Bloggers
Home Ideas Decorating Blog Archive » Most Successful Home ..
is there more mickey munday | The Blog Farm – A Growing Blog Community
Blog Design for Killer SEO Infographic