Starting a Profitable Internet Business
Starting a Profitable Internet Business
by Stan Tomaszewski
I have been online since March 2006 running my own home based internet business. I am sure many of you are either starting a profitable internet business like I am, or possibly have been online for a longer period of time than I have been and are making very little money if any at all.
Don’t worry, as you are not alone if you haven’t yet seen the flood of cash that you probably expected in a couple days or weeks depending on what “program” you signed up for.
I get many e-mails daily that ask me the same questions,”Are you making any money with your program?” and “Does your program have a guarantee”? So I thought that would be a good topic to write about and possibly help some of you that may need some reassurance that the internet really can work if you have the right step by step techniques.
Here are a few things I experienced along with suggestions for what you will need on your website that hopefully will help you keep focused and achieve your goal of financial independence with starting a profitable internet business:
Join The QRS Community!
- Get $597. of Pro Marketing Software for Free!
- Learn how we have created a Multi-Six-Figure Income From Home
- Learn How to Get 10,000 Visitors Starting in 48 Hours
1. First you need a program that is proven and has been debugged to ensure that the market for your product or service is there, so all you then need to do is attract your market to your website. Easily said, but traffic to your website is your number one daily effort and is key to your success in being profitable in a short amount of time.
2. You will need to build a mix of free and paid advertising to be overall profitable. Paid advertising is often with PPC (Pay per click) ads, while free is typically with search engine listings. It is a fact that the marketer that spends the most advertising money is the one who is often making the most money. Expect to spend money and have a budget well thought out ahead of time.
3. Search engines take different amounts of time for your website to show up on keyword searches. Google for example takes some 6 months, while Yahoo is more like 2 months. MSN is less than yahoo, as is AOL. What this means is it takes time for your free search listings to pop up and you may not see profits during this time period. So, what should you do during this time?
4. If your product is known to be profitable strictly with PPC ads, then you can do this while you are waiting for your listings to be found by the search engine spiders. If PPC alone isn’t profitable, and you can’t take the lack of profitability financially or “emotionally”, then you should focus on building up your site during this time.Also, if you are looking at a product that is not profitable strictly with PPC, then you might want to think about promoting another product. Read on:
5. Content- search engines tend to love content.While you are waiting for the SE’s to find your site, you can spend that time adding quality content to your site. Content that ads keywords is the goal. You can’t ever have too many keywords! I found that the more keywords I added, the advertising cost lessened.
6.Link Building: you can also work on link building while you are waiting for the SE’s to rank your site. You should expect to link build as a routine part of running your internet business. SE’s put more importance on sites with many reciprocal links, and even more importance on one way links to your site. Make sure the links are relevant to your business topic or you could get “penalized” by the SE’s. Make sure your website has a link adding feature so other webmasters can easily link with you and you can then approve (or disapprove) the link.
7. Autoresponder: Having an autoresponder that enables you to e-mail to your customers or prospects is another key necessity for your website. Offering a free helpful item in exchange for a prospects e-mail (opt-in) address is a great way to build your customer list. Your list eventually will become a group of buyers that you know may purchase something from you in the future.
8. Website: your website needs to have many specific attributes that all add up to a user friendly, customer attracting sales generator for you.Make sure your web designer knows all the latest tricks. Or, purchase a course that you can follow that includes all the essentials of a killer sales pulling site. Thats what I did.
9. Articles: There are many ways to add more links pointing to your site. Writing an article like this one can do that very nicely. Make sure you select your keywords and use them within the content of the article. You also can submit to forums, groups, blogs to provide links to your site. Consider the time needed to write articles along with all the other things you’ll need to do when starting a profitable internet business.
I can list dozens more do’s and don’t but the above is a pretty basic what to expect and what to do in your first 3-6 months online. Your profitability is dependant on many things, especially your own personal diligence and focus. Staying focused may be your biggest challenge when profits may not happen as fast as you expected. I made a first sale on the second day I started PPC ads. I made additional “back end” sales where I made even more profit in the first month. I broke even in the third month. I can’t predict how you will do in your program as the program itself may not be “proven” to generate profitable sales. That is one key item to discuss thoroughly before you start any program.
If you apply the above, and can follow step by step techniques, your website will build over time and eventually you will turn profitable. Starting a profitable internet business is readily accomplished with the right mix of knowledge, product, and personal drive and focus. If you don’t have a step by step method to follow, I highly recommend you locate one. Mentoring with someone that has already made their site or program profitable, is another highly recommended route to take. That’s what I did and now I can teach you to do the same.
To your success and profitability!
Stan Tomaszewski started an internet business in March 2006. He offers his honest views on what you should expect in your start up with tips on how to ensure your success in your online business. Stan offers his services to help others achieve their home based business success.