Get immediate access to over $6000. worth of marketing software and ebooks for free. Many come with ready to sell websites as well as full resell rights. See: http://www.coolmarketingsoftware.com to download the entire package now for free.
It is important to capture the respondent’s interest in your survey immediately. If you are sending email to people within the United States, it is also important to follow the rules set forth by the CAN-SPAM Act.
To help ensure your survey experience is as successful as it can be, be sure to review the following best practices for survey email invitations:
– Ensure that the targeted recipients have agreed to receive offers from your company
– Confirm how the list was gathered and how it has been managed since then. For example, how are opt-out requests and bounce backs handled?
Join The QRS Community!
- Get Free Re-Brandable Ebook "101 Ways to Get Backlinks to Your Website" Give it away for free and earn huge commissions!
- Get Free Custom Traffic Generation Software!
- Get Case Studies Showing Exactly How We Are Generating Massive Leads and Sales for Our Clients
– Confirm that opt-out requests from prior use have been processed appropriately
– Subject line (by law) must not mislead the recipient about the subject matter or contents of the email. In addition, to avoid being filtered as SPAM, do not use the words “win”, “prize”, “sweepstakes” or have a dollar amount (i.e. “$1000”) in the subject line. Do include the topic of the survey and survey sponsor whenever possible
– The From and Reply To addresses (by law) must be accurate and identify the person who sent the email
The body of the message (by law) must include the following:
– Opt-out information. A valid email address or other method for recipient to be removed from mailing list. For example, ‘To be removed from future mailings of this type, please send a reply to this email and include in the subject line – ‘Remove from XYZ Study’
– Sender’s physical street address
The body of the message should include all of the following:
– The first sentence should be compelling, and it should communicate the reason why taking the survey is worthwhile. Be as specific as possible
– Name of company or individual who is sponsoring the survey
– Brief explanation of the purpose of the study
– Amount of time it should take the respondent to complete the survey. Be honest; a time range is okay
– Explanation of where/how the recipient’s email address was obtained
– Clear instruction on how to access the survey
– If there are screeners within the survey, include a statement around how the respondent must fully qualify and complete the survey. This is especially important if an incentive is offered. For example, ‘We are looking for a specific target market.’
– Incentive information (if applicable). Information must be clear. Sweepstakes rules or link to the rules should be included (if applicable)
The body of the message should not:
– State that it is “not SPAM” (or use the word SPAM at all)
– Sound anonymous or vague
– Have lengthy text explaining the way the data will be used
– Use pressure language such as “must” or “hurry now”
– Use “scam” type of language or offering
Reminder emails should:
– NOT be sent to people who opted out of the first mailing
– Have the word “Reminder” in the subject line
– Be an abbreviated version of the first email
Since 1999, Zoomerang has provided a powerful, self-service alternative for conducting accurate comprehensive online surveys with a minimum of cost and effort. As the pioneer of online surveys, we provide sophisticated functionality and professional survey solutions to thousands of organizations around the world including over 70 of the Fortune 100. Zoomerang’s business, educational and non-profit customers have created and sent more than 100 million online surveys including customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and market research surveys. As part of MarketTools, Inc., the leading technology and solutions provider of Customer Insight Management capabilities for the world’s market leaders, Zoomerang also offers expert professional services. Survey programming, deployment along with recruitment and selection of custom groups of survey respondents are all available to our subscribers. Find out what Zoomerang can do for you and your organization.