List of Local Directories-Ultimate List of 98 Local Directories Where You Are Not Wasting Your Time Listing Your Local Business
If you do any local search for real local businesses you will invariably find that sites like Google My Business Pages (formerly Google Place, Yelp, Yellowpages, Angie’s List and other popular local directories and listed at the top of Google local search. If you run a local business you want your listings on these local directories.
When you have your Name, Address, and Phone Number (NAP) on website’s other than your own this is called a “citation.” The more citations that you have the higher your Google My Business Page and your own website will rank in Google. So you want lots of quality citations.
Here are some tips to consider before submitting your local business to the list of local business directories on your quest for more citations for your local business:
1. Be thorough, fill out everything completely and be deadly accurate.
Fill in as much information as you can. Double check everything for accuracy. Even do this on pages you have already claimed. There are no shortcuts here. Take your time and do it right. Do not rush through submitting your business to this list of local directories.
2. Decide how you are going to write your name address and phone number and stick with this the rest of your life.
St. or Street? Blvd or Boulevard? Is your zip 33316 or is it 33316-4356 ? There are many ways to write the same name and address and even phone number. Find one way and stick with it forever. If it is not exactly the same it will not be counted as a citation with Google and your site’s ranking can suffer. Here is an interesting article explaining that inconsistency with your NAP is the number 1 reason for lagging local ranking.
3. Make Sure Your Categories are Correct for Your Business.
If you are a Pizza Joint do not sign up under plumbers. Keep the categories focused on exactly what you do. It is all about a good user experience. If you are listed in inaccurate categories this could ultimately affect your listings in the appropriate categories. Start with broad categories then focus on down to the most appropriate for your business.
Join The QRS Community!
- Get $597. of Pro Marketing Software for Free!
- Learn how we have created a Multi-Six-Figure Income From Home
- Learn How to Get 10,000 Visitors Starting in 48 Hours
4. Use tons of photos and videos are great too! YouTube is one of the best citation sources. Yes, include your NAP if your video descriptions as well. Also videos and pictures get indexed very well in Google , and rank your local directory pages well too. They have the additional benefit of giving more credibility to your listings. If you have taken the time to upload quality videos and photos to your pages potential customers will have more confidence in your business.
5. Get Muchos Reviews
The more reviews the better. There are all kinds of ways to get more reviews. Here is an excellent article which should get you started. Here is an article on how to respond effectively to negative reviews.
Here the list of top local directories where you should submit your site. If you have other local directories that you would like to add to our list of local directories please let us know if the comments area.
- Alike Nearby
- American Towns
- Angie’s List
- AOL Yellow Pages
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Best of the Web
- The Business Journals
- CoPilot Live
- Express Update
- Frontier Pages
- Insider Pages
- Judy’s Book
- Local Database
- MacRAE’s Blue Book
- NAVTEQ Maps
- Nokia Prime Place
- Open List
- Totally Local
- US Yellow Pages
- Verizon’s 411
- Yellow Assistance
Here is a list of top citation sources by professions:
Top Citation Sources for