100+ Local Directories Besides Google Places Where You Can Promote Your Local Business
Google has lead the way in local marketing by creating over 50 million “Google Places Pages.” Here is a post I did giving you the basics on Google Places Basically Google Places is webpage created by Google for local businesses. These Google Places pages often appear at the top of the local searches above even the Google natural listings.
Less than 10% of local business owners have actually claimed their Google Places pages and have started adding their own up to date information, links, pictures and offers. And only a small percentage of those business owners have taken time to fully optimize their pages.
Yahoo And Bing have followed suit and created their own version of of local Google Places pages. Even a smaller amount of businesses have claimed and optimized these pages.
Now there are many others types of local marketing directories which are very highly ranked in local keyword searches on Google.
Join The QRS Community!
- Get $597. of Pro Marketing Software for Free!
- Learn how we have created a Multi-Six-Figure Income From Home
- Learn How to Get 10,000 Visitors Starting in 48 Hours
Here are some of the other types of local directories where you can list your local business besides just search engine local directories:
• Online yellow pages like Superpages and Yellowpages.com
• Social networks like Yelp, Twitter, and Facebook
• Portals and guides like AOL and Citysearch
• Mobile devices like BlackBerry and iPhone
• 411 directory assistance services
• GPS navigation services
• Telematics services like OnStar
Most of these directories are very highly ranked and have places where you can put your links, contact information, and reviews. Since these websites are highly trafficked often your customers will find you in these local directories before they will find you through your own website. Here are several reasons why you should be listed in as many local directories as possible:
1. Local directories more than likely have more traffic than your own website. People are actually visiting these directories looking for your local services and/or products. If you are not there they cannot find you.
2. Local directories generally will get ranked higher in the search engines than your own website. The main local directories are probably older more established, more optimized and more professionally and consistently promoted than you website. Therefore when potential customers do Google searches for your products and services most likely they will find related listings in these directories before your business website.
3. Local directories provide valuable backlinks to your main website giving your website higher rankings in searches.
4. Google Places often takes listings and review from the local directories and includes them in the Google Places listings. The more reviews and listings in other directories you have the higher your Google Places pages will rank.
5. Reviews! When people first hear about you either through search or a referall one of the first things they will do is “Google you.” They will be looking for reviews. The more reviews you have on the widest range of directory sites you have the more credibility and higher ranking your local pages will have.
Dun And Bradstreet
Electronic Directories (Yellow Pages, Inc)
infoUSA Express Update
Media News Group
This is just a handfull of local directories. It can be an extremely time consuming process submitting your site to all these sites. We are coming out with a service where we will do this for you. Stay subscribed to our newsletter and rss feed to be notified when the service will become live.